I love Sunday! It is one day of the week when you get to sleep in, wake up relaxed, and just enjoy the day. It is quite a bonus when the weather is really nice. Today I woke up when the sun was just starting to peek through my bedroom window. I went outside, inhaled the cool, fresh air and thought, what a great way to start the day by having some really refreshing breakfast. Throw in some fruits together in the blender, add some milk and honey, and voila! You’ve got a smoothie… and that’s the freshest breakfast that anyone can have! Any fruit will do, but I always add banana to get the right consistency. Since I have mangoes and papaya, why not throw that in? So today, I made the freshest tropical smoothie… It was so delicious, I am planning to make this more often! Enjoy!
adapted from Barefoot Contessa
- 1/2 ripe mango, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 ripe papaya, peeled and seeded
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 can mandarin orange
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon good honey
- 2 cups ice
- In a blender, combine the mango, papaya, banana, orange juice, milk, yogurt, honey, and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Note: Any fruit will do… berries, pineapples, peaches… it will still be a fresh and healthy breakfast smoothie!