Blueberry Pancakes

I excitedly told my boyfriend (and avid food critic) Ryan that I was going to post my blueberry pancakes on my blog… and his reply was: “well… but I’m sure most people already know how to make blueberry pancakes!” And my excitement goes pffftttt, like a deflated balloon…. But then again, when I remember the number of times I tried to make blueberry pancakes until I’m satisfied with the taste and the fluffiness, I am darn proud of myself for not giving up. Maybe about 90% of the population already know how to make pancakes, but to a cooking novice like me, perfecting how to make a simple recipe like this is still one of the most exciting feeling. And this can pave way to other recipes like apple cinnamon pancakes, banana nut pancakes, peach and cherry pancakes, orange mango pancakes, so on and so forth…(okay I was just throwing out some fruit ideas there..) And just like seeing the glass half full and not half empty, although maybe 90% of the population know to make the blueberry pancakes, there’s still a remaining 10% that are clueless. So I decided to post this.

P.S. Ryan loved the blueberry pancakes that I made! Maybe I can challenge him to cook one for me, and I will decide whether he belongs to the 90% or the 10% category… hahaha…

Blueberry Pancakes

adapted and modified from Bon Appetit

  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups whole milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus additional melted butter
  • 1 tsp good olive oil
  • 2 1/2-pint baskets blueberries
  • Maple syrup
  1. Whisk cake flour, all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Whisk milk and eggs in medium bowl. Gradually whisk milk mixture into dry ingredients. Mix in 3 tablespoons melted butter.
  2. Heat griddle or a heavy large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush lightly with additional melted butter and olive oil.
  3. Working in batches, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Sprinkle each pancake with 1 heaping tablespoon blueberries.
  4. Cook until bottoms brown, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn pancakes over and cook until second sides brown, about 1 minute. Divide pancakes among plates.
  5. Top with extra butter. Serve with syrup.
Advertisements

One response

  1. haha you guys are too funny!! the right amount of fluffiness is indeed essential for that perfect pancake so i do appreciate you posting a tried and true recipe!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s