One night after work, I was craving chicken for dinner. But I did not want the usual fried or baked chicken with mashed potatoes kind of thing. My palate wanted something new. But it needs to be easy to make, because I was so tired and the last thing I wanted was to prepare a very complicated dinner. So upon searching for easy chicken recipes, I came across this very easy Parmesan and Pine-Nut Crusted Chicken Breast recipe. Good thing was, I have all the ingredients. This turned out to be really tasty and full of flavor, and the chicken breast was still juicy and tender. To complement this meal, I drizzled a bunch of asparagus with olive oil, seasoned it with salt and pepper, and baked it for about 15 minutes at 400 degree oven. Indeed this was one of the tastiest weeknight dinners I have made.
Parmesan and Pine-Nut Crusted Chicken Breast
modified from Food.com
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Combine egg and milk in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Place the Italian breadcrumbs, parmesan and pinenuts in a food processor. Pulse until the pinenuts are coarsely chopped; place in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour mixture and shake off excess. Dip in egg wash and coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Remove chicken and place in oven while cooking the remaining chicken breasts. Add more butter or oil as needed. Serve immediately. Best with pasta and vegetables.