I love making this as a side dish for grilled meat. Not only is it very easy to make, it is also very tasty. In fact, grilling the asparagus brings out its sweetness. Try it and you won’t regret it!
adapted from Sandra Lee’s Semi-Homemade Cooking
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat and oil the grates.
- Place the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet. Add the chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place on the grill directly or in a grill basket. Grill until just tender and lightly charred, about 5 minutes.