I accidentally discovered how good a grilled Portabella Mushroom is! I was planning on making a Mushroom and pasta salad, and the direction was to grill the mushroom before cutting it to pieces and mixing it with the pasta. I already grilled the mushroom when I realized I did not have the pasta nor the other ingredients for the dressing. I decided to just cut up the mushroom and serve it along with the grilled asparagus as sides for oven-baked chicken. It was really juicy, and the olive oil just intensified the flavor of the mushroom. I must say this is now our favorite side to grilled meat.
Grilled Portabella Mushroom
- 2 Portabella mushrooms, cleaned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat and oil the grates.
- Place the portabella mushrooms on a baking sheet. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Place on the grill directly and grill until just tender and lightly charred, about 5 minutes on each side.